EECS 203 Mailing List
Re: Lab

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 22:11:00 CDT

Daniel Myers:
> So I am slightly confused...For this week are we supposed to be just
> getting familiar with writing the assembly and trying to get our code to
> work or what? If so what do we do at this weeks lab checks?

Assembly, simulate, and understand the button.asm code from the website using
MPLAB or some other program. Then comment out the early 'return' statement
in the 'delay_loop' routine, assemble again, and program the PIC chip during
your lab check time. Check to make sure the microcontroller does what you
expected it to do based on reading the code and the essential documentation
on the PIC microcontroller that is posted to the website.

Best Regards,

-Robert Dick-