EECS 203 Mailing List
Re: CMOS handout

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 15:39:13 CDT

Michael Chau:
> Prof Dick,
>
> This is the error message I get in the build output. Thanks Bryon -- I
> copied that too but I deleted the original code.

Thanks. I'll tell you about the ones I can understand or have seen before.
Right now, I doubt it is a problem with button.asm.

> 203\BUTTON.ASM 143 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank
> bits are correct.

These are warnings due to writes to the tristate registers. They are O.K.

> Error[173] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MICHAEL CHAU\DESKTOP\ECE
> 203\BUTTON.ASM 158 : Source file path exceeds 62 characters (C:\DOCUMENTS
> AND SETTINGS\MICHAEL CHAU\DESKTOP\ECE 203\BUTTON.ASM)
> Halting build on first failure as requested.

This appears to be because MPLAB cannot deal with source file paths longer
than 62 characters (wow!). Try starting a project in a directory path
without such a long name, entering the program, and building. I bet that
will fix everything. I cannot be sure that is why you are running into a
problem but it is the most likely cause, given the error message.

-Robert Dick-