EECS 203 Mailing List
Stimulus file, mistake on in-class assembly example

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 14:58:17 CDT

I have posted an example gpsim stimulus file to the website.

One of your classmates pointed out that I was wrong about the number of
instruction cycles for question 3 on the second example exam. Instead of
taking 8 * 8 + 4 cycles, it takes 8 * 9 + 5 cycles. That is because
instructions that change the program counter, such as return and goto, each
require two cycles. If I remember correctly, I handed out the section of the
datasheet explaining this when I gave the exam.

Best Regards,

-Robert Dick-