EECS 203 Mailing List
Some questions regarding FSMs

From: Kenny Tay <kennytay2007_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Sun Jun 08 2008 - 13:33:40 CDT

Hey all
1. For the FSM question in the Dec 04 Final, there are some scenarios which
would not occur when in a current state. For example, it is not possible to
have both detectors leave the line at the same time. How do we include this
in our state diagrams? Don't cares for their outputs?
2. Just to check if I'm on the right track, if I had chosen a Mealy machine,
I would only require 3 states..?
3. General FSM question. How do we know if the question wants us to give a
certain output if the last few bits of the code correspond to a sequence or
if the whole code is similar to the same sequence? How do we determine if
the question wants 'the code must end with 0011' and 'the code IS 0011'?
Thanks
-Kenny