EECS 303 Mailing List
Content-based mobile search project

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 21:25:18 EST

I am involved in a collaborative project on content-based mobile search. The
basic idea is to make it efficient to search large amounts of personal data
that are gathered via portable embedded systems (like smart phones). We need
to gather a data set for some tests of the algorithms we have developed and
are looking for volunteers who wouldn't mind borrowing a Nokia n810 PDA,
carrying it around for a few days, and taking photographs occasionally.
Please tell me if you are interested. If so, I can tell you a bit more about
the research project.

I won't reply right away. I am sending this from the airport (about to get on
a plane).

Best Regards,

-Robert Dick-