Note: These articles are copyrighted so I have restricted access to
students in the class. Email me if you need access.
- G. Neville-Neil,
“The truth about embedded systems,” in ACM Queue, Apr.
- M. Tubaishat and S. Madria, “Sensor networks: An
overview,” in IEEE Potentials, vol. 22, pp. 20–23,
- Joseph Polastre, Robert Szewczyk, Alan Mainwaring, David Culler, and John
Anderson, “Analysis of
wireless sensor networks for habitat monitoring,” in Wireless
sensor networks, pp. 399–423, 2004.
- V. Agarwal, M. Hrisikesh, S. Keckler, and D. Burger, “Clock rate vs. IPC: The end of the
road for conventional microarchitectures,” in
Proc. Int. Symp. Computer Architecture, pp. 276–283, June
- Zeshan Chishti and T. N. Vijaykumar, “Wire delay is not a problem for SMT
(in the near future),” in Proc. Int. Symp. Computer
Architecture, pp. 40–51, Jun. 2004.
- Sandy Irani, Sandeep Shukla, and Rajeesh Gupta, “Online Strategies for Dynamic Power
Management in Systems with Multiple Power-Saving States,” in ACM
Trans. Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 325–346,
- M. Li, R. Sasanka, S. V. Adve, Y.–K. Chen, and E. Debes, “ALP: Efficient Support for All Levels of
Parallelism for Complex Media,” in University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign Technical Report, Jul. 2005.
- William J. Dally, and Brian Towles, “Route Packets, Not Wires: On-Chip
Interconnection Networks,” in Proc. Design Automation Conf.,
pp. 684–689, Jun. 2001.
- Umit Y. Ogras, and Radu Marculescu,
“Energy- and Performance- Driven NoC Communication Architectures
Synthesis Using a Decomposition Approach,” in Proc. Design,
Automation & Test in Europe Conf., pp. 352–357, Mar. 2005.
- Linda Geppert, “The New Indelible Memories,”
IEEE Spectrum, pp. 49–54, Mar. 2003.
- Lei Yang, Robert P. Dick, Haris Lekatsas, and Srimat Chakradhar, “CRAMES: Compressed RAM for Embedded
Systems,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Hardware/Software Codesign and
System Synthesis, Sep. 2005.
- K. S. Vallerio, Lin Zhong, and N. K. Jha, “Energy-efficient graphical user
interface design,” To appear in IEEE Trans. Mobile
- V. Tiwari, S. Malik, and A. Wolfe, “Power
analysis of embedded software: A first step toward software power
minimization,” in IEEE Trans. VLSI Systems, vol. 2, no. 4,
pp. 437–445, Apr. 1994.
- P. Kalla, H. Henkel, and X. S. Hu, “SEA: Fast Power Estimation for
Micro-Architectures,” in Proc. Asia & South Pacific Design
Automation Conf., pp. 600–605, Feb. 2003.
- R. P. Dick, G. Lakshminarayana, A. Raghunathan, and N. K. Jha, “Analysis of Power Dissipation in Real-Time
Operating Systems,” IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of
Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 615–627,
- Surupa Biswas, Matthew Simpson, and Rajeev Barua, “Memory Overflow Protection for
Embedded Systems using Run-Time Checks, Reuse and Compression,”
Proc. Int. Conf. Compilers, Architecture & Synthesis for Embedded
Systems, pp. 280–291, Sep. 2004.
- Hui Dai, Michael Neufeld, and Richard Han, “ELF: An Efficient
Log-Structured Flash File System for Micro Sensor Networks,” in
Int. Conf. Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp. 176–187,
- Yuvraj Agarwal, Curt Schurgers, and Rajesh Gupta, “Dynamic Power Management using On
Demand Paging for Networked Embedded Systems,” in Proc. Asia
& South Pacific Design Automation Conf., pp. 755–759,
- A. Sinha, and A. Chandrakasan, “Dynamic power management in
wireless sensor networks,” in IEEE Design and Test of
Computers, pp. 62–74, Mar. 2001.
- Johann Blieberger, Thomas Fahringer, and Bernhard Scholz, “Symbolic Cache Analysis for
Real-Time Systems,” in Real-Time Systems, vol. 18, no. 2/3,
pp. 181-215, 2000.
- P. Levis, and D. Culler, “Mate: A
Tiny Virtual Machine for Sensor Networks,” in
Proc. Int. Conf. Architectural Support for Programming Languages and
Operating Systems, Oct. 2002.
- P. Pillai, and K. G. Shin, “Real-Time Dynamic Voltage Scaling for
Low-Power Embedded Operating Systems,” in Proc. ACM
Symp. Operating Systems Principles, pp. 89–102, Dec. 2001.
- Rajeshwari Banakar, Stefan Steinke, Bo-Sik Lee, M. Balakrishnan, and Peter
Marwedel, “Scratchpad Memory: A
Design Alternative for Cache On-Chip Memory in Embedded Systems,” in
Proc. Int. Wkshp. Hardware/Software Co-Design, pp. 73–78,
Quick overview of embedded operating systems
Page maintained by