EECS 203 Mailing List
Re: Switch Floating High and Listserv Problems

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 21:29:49 CDT

Bryan Taylor:
> So I tried to send this over the listserv, but I got a listserv rejected
> message. However, I still get all the listserv emails, I just can't send.
> Do I need a NU email address to send it out?

You need to send from the address that you subscribed with. This reduces
spam.

> So I'm having a problem that when my switch is set to 0, it tends to float
> high instead. So, when I have all my switches set to off, all of my JKL
> LED's still light up. Is this supposed to happen, am I wiring this wrong,
> or is there a problem with my switch? I also stepped through my circuit,
> and the problem is definitely with my switch, ie my chips are working fine.

I think the wiring is wrong. I guess it is possible that the switch is
broken, but unlikely. Have you disconnected the switch output from the gate
to see if it behaves properly then? Did you have this problem for the first
lab?

-Robert Dick-