EECS 203 Mailing List
Re: Modifications to EECS 203

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Thu May 22 2008 - 10:44:23 CDT

> But perhaps the labs should be
> done during Tuesday, or there shouldn't be as many of them and they should
> be two-week labs, just to decrease the work load and encourage us to learn,
> not just complete the assignment.

Which of the labs should be cut?

> I suggest getting rid of the CMOS stuff.

I think I'll do that next time. It is really useful and lets people
understand how computers work all the way down to electrons but I can
summarize it and suggest reading for students who want to learn more. For
example, this is pretty interesting:
  http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/oct07/5553

> Moving Tuesday's session to CG30 would be amazing. That's a good idea.

Neal: Do you think that would work? Can we let it be a required study session
during which they can work on labs and homework assignments, help each other,
and get help from you? You can also show problems on the board in that room.
If you agree that it is a good idea, please use the mailing list to announce
that the remaining Tuesday sessions will be in CG30.

Thanks,

-Robert Dick-