EECS 303 Mailing List
AFSM

From: Yu, Ren Chung <rc_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 00:38:09 EST

Hi,

In the D flip flop example we did in class, and also the example in the lecture notes (Packet 13 page 35) (http://ziyang.eecs.northwestern.edu/~dickrp/eecs303/lectures/adld-l13.pdf), is there a reason we jumped straight to the (unsimplified) AFSM instead of going through regular expression, NFA, and DFA? Wouldn't that make the problem easier? I'm not sure of (how to use) the process of going straight into the ASFM. Did we just skip those steps in the examples?

Thanks,

Ren Chung (RC) Yu
Northwestern University 2010
Electrical Engineering