EECS 203 Mailing List
Re: HW Problem 2

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Thu May 15 2008 - 23:06:25 CDT

Jared Jenkins:
> Thats not what I meant, sorry. I meant the output (the LED lights) of the
> machine is not a function of the inputs, just the state. I am really
> wondering which inputs we need to look at for our transitions. For our lab
> we only cared about the input M, but with this problem their three
> variables L, R, and E or you can look at A and B. I am not sure which we
> are supposed to look at for the state transitions.

If you know your current output and your L, R, and E values, do you know what
your next output should be? If so, you can figure out what your next state
should be. The you can synthesize the state variables based on A and B or on
L, R, and E. If you aren't sure what a particular next state variable should
be a function of, just make it a function of all inputs and the current state
variables. The K-Map will reduce it to the appropriate set of inputs. Does
that answer the question?

-Robert Dick-