EECS 203 Mailing List
Re: Lab 7

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Tue May 27 2008 - 10:33:31 CDT

> I think I'm done with the comparing part, where you compare the input to
> the combination already decided. I'm not sure where to proceed from there.
> This is my code, unedited--there's a lot of unnecessary stuff in here that
> I just haven't deleted yet. I basically copied the button code from the
> website and then I added stuff and changed some stuff...
>
> Could you give me some help on how to get the LEDs to rotate

The rotate instruction on the LED register will work. You will be able to see
if you did it right by using the simulator in MPLAB.

> and how to check for the button press in the middle of that,

I covered this in detail during class on Friday. You need to check each
button. If either one is currently pressed then goto a special location,
wait for all buttons to be released, then goto the initialization (startup)
code for the program. If neither was pressed, just return back to the
animation loop.

> and then how to implement the delays?

Start from the button.asm code I posted to the website and adjust the time to
the value required for this lab. The right place to adjust will be easy to
find if you read the comments in the code.

-Robert Dick-