Note: These articles are copyrighted so I have restricted access to
students in the class. Email me if you need access.
- Shad Roundy, Paul K. Wright, and Jan Rabey, “A Study of Low Level Vibrations as a
Power Source for Wireless Sensor Nodes,” Computer
Communications, vol. 26, Oct. 2003. Read by 27 Feb.
- “DC–DC Converters: A
Primer,” Jaycar Electronics Technical Report, 2001. Read by
- Yu-Kwong Kwok and Isfak Ahmed, “Benchmarking and Comparison of Task Graph
Scheduling Algorithms,” J. Parallel and Distributed
Computing, Mar. 1999. Read by 11 March.
- Don Lancaster, “TTL
Cookbook,” 1974. Read the “Despiking Capacitors” section
on pages 23—24 by 11 March. Yes, it is old, but it is still useful.
- “Decoupling Techniques,”
Analog Devices, 2009. Read by 13 March.
Henry Ott Consultants, 8 Jan 2007. Read by 13 March.
- B. W. Cook, S. Lanzisera, and K. S. J. Pister, “SoC Issues for RF Smart
Dust,” in Proc. IEEE, vol. 94, no. 6, Jun. 2006. Read by 16
- J. Ganssle, “Momisms,”
The Ganssle Group, Oct. 2000. Read by 16 March.
- Srivaths Ravi, Anand Raghunathan, Paul Kocher, and Sunil Hattangady, “Security in Embedded Systems: Design
Challenges,” in ACM Trans. Embedded Computing Systems,
pp. 461–491, Aug. 2004. Read by 18 March.
- Min Chen and Gabriel A. Rincón-Mora, “Accurate Electrical Battery Model Capable
of Predicting Runtime and I–V Performance,” in IEEE
Trans. Energy Conversion, pp. 504–511, vol 21, no. 2, June 2006.
Read by 20 March.
- Carles Gomez and Josep Paradells, “Wireless Home Automation
Networks: A Survey of Architectures and Technologies,” in IEEE
Communications Magazine, pp. 92–101, June 2010.
Read by 23 March.
- Christian Schuster and Wolfgang Fichtner, “Parasitic Modes on Printed
Circuit Boards and Their Effects on EMC and Signal Integrity,” in
IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 43, no. 4,
Nov. 2001. Read by 27 March.
- A. Shye, Y. Pan, B. Scholbrock, J. S. Miller, G. Memik,
P. Dinda, and R. P. Dick, “Power to the
people: leveraging human physiological traits to control microprocessor
frequency,” in Proc. Int. Symp. Microarchitecture,
Nov. 2008, pp. 188–199. Skim by 27 March. Read by 30 March.
- C. Alippi, R. Camplani, C. Galperti, and M. Roveri, “A Robust, Adaptive, Solar-Powered WSN
Framework for Aquatic Environmental Monitoring,” in IEEE Sensors
J., vol. 11, no. 1, Jan. 2011. Read by 1 April..
- C. Gomez, J. Oller, and J. Paradells, “Overview and Evaluation of Bluetooth Low
Energy: An Emerging Low-Power Wireless Technology,” in
Sensors, vol. 12, no. 9, Aug. 2012. Read by 3 April.
- L. Ojeda and J. Borenstein, “Non-GPS
Navigation for Security Personnel and First Responders,” in
Journal of Navigation, vol. 60, no. 3, Sep. 2007, pp. 391–407.
Read by 8 April.
- W. Strunk Jr. and E. B. White, The Elements of Style, Macmillan
Publishing Co., Inc., 2000.
- International Technology Roadmap for
Page maintained by